Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Are You Sure You Belong To God?



To truly know if one is or to become a child of the Living God through Jesus Christ, I believe there are four elements necessary in starting this amazing journey with God.

1. Believe: Believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that He came in the form of man to, through His redemptive work on the Cross, take upon Himself the sins of man - past, present, and future. Acts 16:31, 1 John 2:2, 1 Peter 2:24

2. Confess: Confess you are a sinner. Breaking the laws of God - use the Ten Commandments as a guide - Are you lying? Are you stealing? Are you looking at a man/women with lust in your heart? Are you committing murder? (Jesus said being angry with someone is as committing murder) etc. If so, then confess it - tell God, I am a sinner and I need your Grace. 1 John 1:9, Ephesians 2:8, Romans 10:9

3. Receive: Receive Jesus Christ as your Savior, and allow Him to be Lord of every area of you life - Heart, Mind, Soul, and Strength.
Colossians 2:6, 1 Thessalonians 5:9

4. Repent: Repent of sin. Stop doing the things you know are against what God wants for you (You learn this through reading the Bible, going to a solid faith based Church, and fellowship with other believers.) Acts 3:19, Acts 20:21, Colossians 3:16, Romans 12:10

**The Scriptures above are but a few examples to glean from, good Bible study reveals much.**

Do these things and you are well on your way to an abundant (not always easy) but absolutely abundant (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, thoughtfulness, goodness, self-control, just to name a few) life!

A Simple Prayer Can Begin to Change Your Life...

God, I realize that I have done wrong by not listening to what you ask me to do with my life. I have sinned against You and I confess my sin. I believe You sent your Son Jesus Christ to take upon Himself all my sins, and through Him, I can be made right with You. I believe He died and rose again and is alive! If I ask for forgiveness, I can receive it and become Your child. Please forgive me God, I receive Your Son Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. Thank you for setting me free! Help me to turn from sin and live my life, Your way. In Jesus Name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment