Saturday, April 21, 2012

Pray for the Unsaved


It is of vital importance we pray for our unsaved family, friends, and anyone we know. When we pray for the unsaved in our lives we must remember a few key points: 1) the devil keeps them blind to the truth of Christ (2 Cor. 4:4). 2) we have been given power and authority to bind the devil (Matt. 12:29) 3) faith comes by hearing, so we need to have the unsaved hear the Word (Rom. 10:17) 4) we need laborers (including us) to deliver that Word (Matt. 9:37). So then, combine these truths and you have a powerful prayer by which to pray for the unsaved. Below is a prayer taken from KC Ministries, I thought it was very good (fill in the blank with name(s)).

“Father, I come before You in prayer and in faith, believing. Your Word says You desire all men to be saved and come into the knowledge of the truth, so I bring ________ before You this day.

“I break the power of Satan from his assignments and activities in ________’s life in the Name of Jesus. Now, while Satan is bound, I ask that You send forth the perfect laborers to share the good news of the gospel in such a way that ________ will listen and understand it. As the truth is ministered, I believe ________ will open his/her eyes to the gospel, come out of the snare of the devil and make Jesus Lord.

“Father, I ask that You fill ________ with the knowledge of Your will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding. As I intercede in his/her behalf, I believe that the power of the Holy Spirit is activated, and from this moment on, I shall praise and thank You for ________’s salvation. I am confident that You are alert and active, watching over Your Word to perform it. It will not return to You void. It will accomplish that which You please and prosper in the thing whereto it was sent.

“Therefore, my confession of faith is: ‘God has begun a good work in ________’s life and He will perform it and bring it to full completion until the day of Jesus Christ, in Jesus’ Name.’”

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment